Welcome to Norfolk School
Friday 5 February 2016
Dear Parents and Caregivers
In 2016 our school theme is collaboration and we were wondering whether you would like to help out around the school? Over the course of the year the school will need support with the grounds, school events and other projects. We would really appreciate your support.
Listed below are the current projects we need support with:
Posted: Friday 5 February
School Library Stocktake:
Mrs Judy Williamson requires help with the library stocktake. This involves restocking the library shelves once the library building work has finished, checking off books and re-stocking. If you are keen to help contact Mrs Judy Williamson at the school office (7568306) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out about how parents/caregivers can help out around the school goto:
–> Parent Zone (top right hand side of the webpage) –> then look for the tab… How can parents help out around the school
Reminders (1 February 2016):
- School starts on Monday at 8.55am and the day ends at 3pm
- Building update: The work is nearly finished. However parents and learners still need to enter the school via classroom doors and/or the Junior Corridor. Senior learners will still be using the portable toilets, while the Summit Room will start the year off in the Playcentre. We are hoping they will move into the library in the next two – three weeks. While the work is still going on we need everyone to be conscious of staying safe. Please report any hazards to the office.
- Classroom changes: A reminder that the Sunshine Room has moved to Room 1; The Rocket Room is still in Room 2; Totara is still in Room 3; The Lion Pride is in Room 4 and the Moa Hut is in Room 5.
- School Stationery: Packs ordered through the office will be distributed on Monday and invoices sent out to parents. A reminder to those parents that purchased items elsewhere, every class (apart from the Lion Pride) has some additional items. For example, Senior learners will each have a school diary that costs $7.50. Please note, if you have not ordered a pack through the office, there are no additional packs available.
- New Enrolments: Contact Jason Elder on 0272537217 to make an appointment.
- Buses will run on the first day.
- Learners will need their togs :>.
- Car Parking: A reminder to parents about the dangers around the front gate before and after school. Parents are responsible for their child/children entering and leaving the school grounds safely.
- Disability Parking: Please keep this space free for those families whose children have physical needs or for anyone who has a disability parking label.
- School events: Check out the school calendar on this website for up and coming events.